Monday, November 21, 2011

I love these Meeces to pieces!!

I showed some little mice on my laptop keyboard on facebook yesterday - it was a lovely quiet Sunday afternoon and I had a notion to make something.... so out came the fabric scrap bag!

Many years ago, when I was about 10 (many, many years....!) I made a mouse pin cushion. It was made from a scrap of yellow Laura Ashley fabric, had pink ears and embroidered eyes, it also had a piece of elastic that made a wrist band. 

So, yesterday when I was making these little guys, I decided to add some covered elastic to form a band - you wear it on your wrist while you're sewing and your pins are always to hand!

My yellow mouse has disappeared (quite recently actually.... around the same time my eldest daughter left home......?) so I may have to keep one of these, the others  (ten so far) will be making an apperance at the Malton Craft fair this Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are the sweetest things, Felicia! And useful to boot! I bet they will sell like hotcakes. Make sure to show us what else you are taking to Malton...

    And thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comments on my blog- you are such a wonderful friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorably sweet are these little meeces?!? I'm sure Laura Ashley would be proud knowing her yellow fabric helped to inspire such cute critters years later :)

    Thank you, Felicia, for your sweet birthday greeting!

    xo
    Gwynnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! How cute are these?!!! I love them!!! I'm sure you will have no problem selling them Felicia, how could anyone pass them by. Looking forward to seeing more :)
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete