Monday, August 11, 2014

Painting....



This month I did an online art course. This is the fourth one I have done, the second one I have finished!

I like them because by the magic of internet, the world becomes a very small place. It means I can be part of courses that are being held in America or Tazmania or anywhere else you care to think of.

 The two online courses that I signed up for and never finished were ones that you could do any time. You download everything in one go and work away with no contact from the artist.

This one was slightly different in that it was a day to day class for four weeks. Monday to Friday each week there were new posts. They arrived to me at 1 pm each day and I couldn't wait to open them!!

Jenni Horne has been one of my favourite artists for years. I love her blog, she is very open and happy to tell her story. She paints very sweet, whimsical paintings that just make me happy to look at. So, when she announced (finally, I've been hoping for ages that she would do this) that she was ready to do an online course I was probably her first recruit!!


And now i'm totally addicted!! Jenni is very generous with her information and technique - in the beginning I was worried that I would only paint rip-offs of her art, everything I did looked like hers (not as good obviously!) but she encourages you to keep going and find your own thread and eventually I did!

Here are two little birds, I also have paintings of flowers (that don't really look like flowers) bikes, armchairs, cars and houses..... I'm like, "what else can I paint a picture of??"

Now, the next thing I need is a framing course!







1 comment:

  1. OH my such a sweet post about the course!! THANK YOU!! And thanks for being a part of the class. Jenni

    ReplyDelete