Monday, February 4, 2013

This weekend.

This weekend was full of early starts, many miles and great company. It started with the ladies in Ballinameela, Dungarvan. We were so busy that I didn't take any photos of them, but these are some of the cards that we made from Cosmo Cricket "Tea for Two" 6x6" papers. I'm not a card maker, so the creations the ladies made were similar to these but much better!! they added lace and buttons and bows, I really wish i'd taken some photos!


 Then Sunday I went to Cork to meet the Scrap n Yap ladies, remember that paper I was raving about recently, well this is what we did with it. We altered diaries, notebooks and address books, here is everyone with their finished books.....
 and here is a close up of my diary, the cover is just all of the left over scraps layered on top of each other.
 Inside there are two tag holders and a pocket, I'm going to put photos on the tags eventually!
 and at the back there is a gusset style pocket for keeping important receipts and things.
 The back has more left overs, the grungeboard circles set in with eyelets make really good closures. I painted them with a pearl dabber and then stamped over it with a script stamp and archival ink.
 I liked this project so much that i'm doing it again on Thursday night here in Killarney, I think i'll alter an address book this time - come and join us if your anywhere near!!

2 comments: