Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Altered Art Fix!

Last weekend was the Great Big Craft Extravaganza in Athlone, which means classes, meeting people, and SHOPPING!!
Kate from Create with Kate had more than the usual amount of goodies, I boughtTim Holtz Pulley Wheels, a couple of sheets of Graphic 45 Curiosity Shop papers and THIS.
(excuse the crumpled-ness, I threw it away before I checked the brand!)
It is a wooden frame with chipboard boxes and measures 6x 5 3/4"

Did you see Cloth, Paper, Scissors this month? it had the most gorgeous altered cigar box by Linda Cain
isn't it fab?! it was the inspiration for my altered chest of drawers.





 There had to be a little DIY to get the wheels on - they're heavy, hot glue wasn't going to do it!
 And this is the finished result..........
 The wheels were distressed with gold Alcohol Ink and black embossing powder,
 and the top was decorated with beads, pins, grunge board sprockets and some metal junk.


 I love this paper, lots of cut outs!
 The background paper is  Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections.
 The drawers were covered inside and out and because they fit in pretty snug I added some beaded pulls to get them out easily.
 This side has an old door knob and a zip pull (are they Prima? I can't remember)
so thats it, thanks for stopping by!
F x

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Felicia!
    tfs
    Hugs Alyson x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is amazing!!!
    I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love what you have done with this Felicia, its stunning!!

    ReplyDelete